American Adventure Bicycle Tour
When Louisiana was purchased by the United States in 1803 the dynamics of the city began to shift.
Trace the journey of American settlement in a foreign French Creole world. As we journey into the Uptown American Sector, we stop to learn about the uptown innovators who created Jazz at the Rampart-Perdido Corridor.
From there you’re off to learn about the Garden Districts’ evolution from a sugar plantation through its development after the Louisiana Purchase into the extravagant faubourg that you see today. Trees that grow Mardi Gras beads, American history, antebellum mansions, and a charm that only our city can bestow on its visitors.
Join us on this urban adventure through one of the most majestic neighborhoods in New Orleans!
What to Expect
The American Adventure bike tour embarks from Flambeaux Bicycle Tours location (626 North Rampart St. in the French Quarter). Upon arrival, you will fill out a waiver and be fitted on a bicycle to make sure you’re comfortable on the tour. After a short safety briefing, you will embark on a 3-hour excursion from the French Quarter, the Central Business District, the Garden District, the Warehouse District, and back.
On your 3 hour tour you will learn about the intersections of New Orleans various historic cultures after the Louisiana Purchase. Your guide will show you the most impressive antebellum mansions in New Orleans, give you a narration of who lived in them, and the inhabitants impacts on American history.
Your tour will come with bottled water, an optional helmet, and a guaranteed good time!
Places you will visit:
- The French QuarterThe Neutral Ground
- The Perdido-Rampart Corridor
- The Eagle Salon
- The Garden District
- Lafayette Cemetery #1 (Lafayette Cemetery is closed for repair until further notice).
- Lafayette Square
- Our American Adventure tour travels through the Central Business and Warehouse districts which are high traffic areas. This tour is for advanced riders only.
- In order for the tour to operate a minimum of 2 people must book. Once two riders have booked our software will allow single riders.
- To go on the tour one must be over 13 years of age and taller than 4’11”.
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Tours are limited to 10 people. (If you have a larger group contact us and we will arrange a tour for you).
- The tour is a total of 6.5 miles traveled at a leisurely pace.
- wearing flip flops/slippers while riding a bicycle is hazardous
- We break at a coffee house. Please take note that many New Orleans establishments are cash only.
- Tours roll rain or shine.
- In the event of inclement weather before the tour, participants can either reschedule or be refunded. We do not offer refunds once the tour embarks.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||626 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70112|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive promptly 15-30 minutes before your adventure.|
|CANCELLATION POLICY ||Full refund if canceled at least 48 hours before event; or severe weather before the tour starts and tour cannot be rescheduled. Once the tour begins we do not give reimbursements if unforeseen weather arises.|
|American Adventure Bicycle Tour|
For ages 13+
This adventure is operated by Flambeaux Bicycle Tours