Heart of the City Downtown Bicycle Tour
On our Heart of the City small-group bike tour, you will trace the colonial history of New Orleans and its cultural treasures.
Pedal through the flat, storied streets of New Orleans’ 5 oldest neighborhoods while learning facts about New Orleans history from one of our expert guides. Exploring the city by bike lets you cover more ground than a walking tour but with the flexibility to stop often to take in your surroundings.
What to Expect
Hop on one of our professionally maintained Public Bikes at our shop in the French Quarter (626 North Rampart St.) and set off with a guide and small group of no more than 10 to explore the most famous neighborhood in New Orleans. Then, venture beyond the Quarter to learn about the city’s rich Creole history and heritage, starting from its founding in 1718.
Pedal along the banks of the Mississippi River and through the oldest neighborhoods of New Orleans—the Vieux Carré, Faubourg Marigny, the Bywater, Faubourg St. Roch, and Faubourg Treme. Explore the legendary St. Roch Cemetery and cruise through Louis Armstrong Park and Congo Square. Stop along the way to hear about New Orleans heritage, VooDoo, and the development of jazz, and the colorful innovators who created it.
The tour returns to its departure point.
Places you will visit:
- The Mississippi River
- St. Roch Cemetery
- The French Quarter
- Faubourg Marigny
- The Bywater
- Faubourg St. Roch
- Faubourg Tremé
- Louis Armstrong Park & Congo Square
- In order for the tour to operate a minimum of 2 people must book. Once two riders have booked our software will allow single riders.
- To go on the tour one must be over 13 years of age and taller than 4’11”.
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Tours are limited to 10 people. (If you have a larger group contact us and we will arrange a tour for you).
- The tour is a total of 6.5 miles traveled at a leisurely pace.
- wearing flip flops/slippers while riding a bicycle is hazardous
- We break at a coffee house. Please take note that many New Orleans establishments are cash only.
- Tours roll rain or shine.
- In the event of inclement weather before the tour, participants can either reschedule or be refunded. We do not offer refunds once the tour embarks.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||626 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70112|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive promptly 15-30 minutes before your adventure.|
||Full refund if canceled at least 48 hours before event; or severe weather before the tour starts and tour cannot be rescheduled. Once the tour begins we do not give reimbursements if unforeseen weather arises.|
|Heart of the City Downtown Bicycle Tour|
For ages 13+
This adventure is operated by Flambeaux Bicycle Tours