Creole Odyssey Bicycle Tour
Embarking from the historic core of the city, the Creole Odyssey traces the city’s expansion into its surrounding bayous.
Enjoy an extended ride under the shade of regal Live Oak trees as we journey down the opulent Esplanade Ridge. After visiting St. Louis Cemetery #3, you will cruise past swampy vistas in City Park, our largest public park. You’ll traverse Bayou St. John, a historic waterway that was used by Native Americans and French settlers alike, and learn why it was so instrumental in our city’s founding.
What to expect:
Explore New Orleans the fun and eco-friendly way on a small-group bike tour that winds through the Big Easy’s oldest and most distinctive neighborhoods. Cycle along a flat and leisurely route from the famous French Quarter to less-visited neighborhoods like Esplanade Ridge, City Park, and Bayou St. John, learning about the city’s rich history and modern culture along the way.
Pick up your bike and meet your guide at our shop in the French Quarter (626 North Rampart St), and begin with a ride through this storied neighborhood. Then go beyond the touristy boundaries to explore more of the city, following leafy Esplanade Avenue to the green expanse of City Park, after visiting St. Louis Cemetery No. 3.
Places you will visit:
- The French Quarter
- Faubourg Marigny
- Esplanade Avenue
- St. Louis Cemetery no. 3
- City Park
- Bayou St. John
- The Lafitte Greenway
- Louis Armstrong Park & Congo Square
- In order for the tour to operate a minimum of 2 people must book. Once two riders have booked our software will allow single riders.
- To go on the tour one must be over 13 years of age and taller than 4’11”.
- Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Tours are limited to 10 people. (If you have a larger group contact us and we will arrange a tour for you).
- The tour is a total of 6.5 miles traveled at a leisurely pace.
- wearing flip flops/slippers while riding a bicycle is hazardous
- We break at a coffee house. Please take note that many New Orleans establishments are cash only.
- Tours roll rain or shine.
- In the event of inclement weather before the tour, participants can either reschedule or be refunded. We do not offer refunds once the tour embarks.
|DEPARTURE/RETURN LOCATION||626 N Rampart St, New Orleans, LA 70112|
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive promptly 15-30 minutes before your adventure.|
||Full refund if canceled at least 48 hours before event; or severe weather before the tour starts and tour cannot be rescheduled. Once the tour begins we do not give reimbursements if unforeseen weather arises.|
|Creole Odyssey Bicycle Tour|
For ages 13+
This adventure is operated by Flambeaux Bicycle Tours