Paddle & Plantation Tour
Swamp Kayaking, Historic Plantation Visit, and a Fresh Cajun Seafood Lunch!
On this all-day tour, we usually kayak in the morning, work up an appetite for a big Cajun lunch, and visit the Whitney Plantation in the afternoon.
We kayak in a small group (up to 6 guests + guide) in a beautiful and uncrowded section of a federally protected Wildlife Management Area. We have a few different circuits to choose from so we can go wherever conditions are the best on any given day. Quietly paddle under Spanish moss-draped cypress trees, while looking for birds, gators, turtles, deer, and other wildlife. It’s perfect for wildlife lovers and photographers alike!
For lunch, we visit one of our favorite local Cajun restaurants (note that lunch is not included in the tour price).
After lunch, we visit the Whitney Plantation, which aims to give visitors a realistic look at life in the pre-Civil War South. While the restored antebellum mansion is beautiful and grand, the walking tour tells the story of this part of American history through the eyes of the enslaved. It’s an educational and moving experience not to be missed.
- Guided 2-2.5 hour kayak tour in the area’s most scenic swamp.
- Paddle lesson and all necessary gear. We also have small dry bags available for storing phones and valuables while paddling.
- 90-minute audio walking tour of Whitney Plantation.
- A local driver who provides attentive service and expert insights throughout the day.
- Convenient personal pick-up/drop-off and transportation to and from activities.
- *Note that lunch is not included in the trip price. Guests typically spend $15-$25 including tips.
|DEPARTURE TIME||Please arrive promptly 15-30 minutes before your adventure.|
||We offer full refunds if the tour is canceled due to weather. We can operate as long as there is no lightning in the area. If you need to cancel your tour for any other reason, 48 hours’ notice is required to receive a refund.|
|Paddle & Plantation Tour|
This adventure is operated by Beyond the Bayou Tours